QUEENS, NY HIT AND RUN ATTORNEY
If you have been involved in a hit and run accident then you are a victim of someone else's negligence. The drive left the scene of an accident without exchanging information, and this is a criminal offense. Let us help you get awarded the injury and suffering payment that they owe you. By setting up a consultation with Michael Ribowsky you will see that you won't pay a dime unless we win.
Hit & Run FAQ:
Which types of compensation can I receive for a hit and run injury claim?
There are 3 types:
- Compensation for medical costs, lost income, and auto repair
- Compensation for emotional distress and suffering
- And sometimes, punitive damages for example if it was a DUI.
What happens if a hit and run driver is never identified or caught?
Sometimes, unfortunately, this is the case. If so, your attorney will know when to stop pursuing negligence and assist with the claim to the insurance company to cover expenses.
How long do I have to file a hit and run accident claim?
The victim has 2 years from the date of the injury to begin pursuing a lawsuit.
Is the hit and run drive always responsible for the accident?
No, While the fleeing the scene is a criminal offense, it will not absolve the other parties of their contribution to the accident (if any).
What should I do if the other driver leaves the scene of the accident?
- Make sure you are OK, if not call for an ambulance
- Call the Police and provide any information possible like:
- Any details about the car/driver
- If there are witnesses
- If there were any cameras that have could record anything
- Evidence to be able to prove a collision
**Never pursue the other driver**
What are examples of Hit and Run Accidents?
- A person hit your car in a parking lot.
- A person hits your car while you are both driving.
- A person hit you when you are walking
If you or someone you know was a victim in a Hit and Run, contact the law firm of Michael Ribowsky today!